1. Save Battery Life (When It Is Running Low)When your iPhone battery is running low, turning off the following settings can help make your iPhone last longer. With these off, you can still receive calls, SMS and even go online with EDGE connection.
- Settings > Wi-Fi > Off.
- Settings > Bluetooth > Off.
- Settings > Privacy > Location Services > Off.
- Settings > General > Cellular > Enable 3G > Off.
- Settings > General > Cellular > Enable LTE > Off.
- Settings > Sounds > Vibrate on Ring & Silent > Off.
- Settings > Brightness & Wallpaper > Auto-Brightness > Off.
- Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Fetch New Data > Off.
(Image Source: Dokisoft)
2. Stop The Music With A TimerDo you like to listen to music when getting into bed for the night but often doze off without switching the iPhone off? You can use a timer to help you shut down the music. To do this, tap on Clock > Timer > When Timer Ends. Scroll down and tap Stop Playing. Then, set a timer (say 30 mins) and tap Start. Now you may play any music and it will be turned off after 30 mins.
3. Delete Last Digit in Calculator AppEntered a wrong digit in the Calculator app? Instead of tapping the Clear [C] button, you can just swipe your finger to the left or right of the numbers to clear the last digit. Each swipe will remove the last digit until the number becomes zero.
4. Set An Alphanumeric PasscodeAdd an extra layer of protection to your iPhone with an alphanumeric passcode. To activate it, go to Settings > General > Passcode Lock. Turn off Simple Passcode and you will be prompted to enter your alphanumeric password.
5. Use Headphone Cord to Take PhotoShaky hands not getting you good photos? Well you can trigger a snapshot using the volume up or down buttons on your headphone.
(Image Source: bestiphoneaccessoriesreview)
6. Switch Shooting Directions in PanoramaTap the arrow in Panorama mode to switch the shooting direction so you can take a panorama picture from left to right or right to left.
7. Find Word Or Phrase within a Web pageSearching for a word or phrase in a web page? In Safari, type in the word in the search bar on the top right and tap Search. In the results page, scroll all the way down and you will see how many words were found on the web pages. Tap on the searched word/phrase and you will be directed back to the web page with the searched word/phrase highlighted in yellow.
8. Undo Typing To Delete Typed MessageHate getting carpal tunnel on your fingers from clearing your written SMS? Try this trick. Shake your iPhone and tap Undo Typing to delete your message. Changed your mind? Shake your iPhone again and tap on Redo Typing to retrieve your original message.
9. Type Emoji with ShortcutsIf you like to use Emoji in messaging but don’t like to switch the virtual keyboards repeatedly, try this trick to type Emoji with alphabets shortcuts.
- Go to Settings > General > Keyboard > Keyboards > Add New Keyboard > Emoji.
- Go to Settings > General > Keyboard > Add New Shortcut…
- Insert a frequently used Emoji in Phrase.
- Insert a text in Shortcut which will be used to convert to Emoji.